The Events Coordinator at Te Matatiki Toi Ora The Arts Centre is responsible for the coordination of events held within The Arts Centre complex.
Leveraging on previous experience within the arts, culture and heritage industries, the person fulfilling this role will work within a fast-paced environment, coordinating, and assisting with multiple projects with changing priorities and deadlines.
The Events Coordinator must have event coordination experience and a good sales aptitude. They will focus on building mutually beneficial relationships and will grow and maximise the potential of The Arts Centre for both creative and commercial endeavours.
Te Matatiki Toi Ora The Arts Centre is creating a hub for diverse creative expression in the heart of Ōtautahi, Christchurch. Over two-thirds of the Centre has now been rebuilt, strengthened, and restored after the devastating earthquakes of 2010-11. We care for our heritage buildings as a place where creative endeavour and entrepreneurship can thrive. By the end of 2022 all but two of the 22 stone buildings will be restored and in use.
Our vision is to be a centre of the arts – stimulating and celebrating our diverse communities by restoring memories and creating futures. Our purpose is to foster, promote, facilitate, and encourage the interest of art, culture, education, and other creative interests, in particular through the provision of accommodation for such activities.
- Be responsible and have a self-motivated work ethic
- An appreciation of the constraints of delivering events within a heritage setting
- Excellent administration and financial skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and public holidays if required.
- Attention to detail and comfort with hands-on operational delivery
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and organising multiple projects
- Ability to self-manage and work across teams
- Experience using event management and ticketing software or the ability to quickly pick up and be confident using software packages
- Ability to proactively deal with issues and troubleshoot problems as they arise by being ‘solutions orientated’
- Have the legal right to work in New Zealand.