OPEN CALL FOR ŌTAUTAHI ORGANISATIONS, ARTISTS AND CREATIVES!
Ōtautahi – we have a $50K fund to give the arts in Christchurch a people-powered funding boost, and we want to hear from you.
As longer nights make room for new creative ideas, we’re encouraging all Ōtautahi artists and creatives to rally their crowd. June on Boosted is dedicated to Christchurch – and we’re calling for creative projects.
BOOST ŌTAUTAHI… WHAT’S IT ALL ABOUT?
Boost Ōtautahi is a campaign where 15 diverse artists/organisations will launch in unison, crowdfunding for a month on Boosted to get the funding to complete a creative project. We want the Ōtautahi arts community to thrive with an abundance of support and celebration, and for the broader community to be involved in this experience.
The Boosted team are with you for the journey, helping you grow your crowd and your capability through crowdfunding, empowering you with skills you’ll find useful towards making art for years to come. Along with our crowdfunding mentorship, we’ll be running a workshop with all the artists/arts organisations involved in Boost Ōtautahi, organising a launch event to be held at Christchurch Art Gallery Te Puna o Waiwhetū, and building energy and hype around Boost Ōtautahi through marketing channels.
This year, each of the 15 artists/organisations will be backed with a Boost Ōtautahi match fund that is unlocked dollar for dollar as they reach out to their crowd with their ask.
The project selection for organisations will be more specific in 2023 with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion.
If you’re a creative (or are part of a collective/organisation) in Christchurch, with an arts project that needs a boost to get off the ground, then you are eligible to apply.
HERE’S WHAT YOU COULD BE IN FOR, AND WHAT’S UP FOR GRABS:
- 10 x $5,000 match funds – 7 for organisations, 3 for individual artists (for projects with needs of $10,000 and above)
- NOW MORE FUNDS!!! – 5 individual artist opportunities for project owners seeking $3,000 and above. (To be delivered as a $1,000 match grant, which will be unlocked dollar-for-dollar as the artist crowdfunds for another $1,000. The artist will then be provided an additional $1,000 donation.)
- Marketing, community building and fundraising skills from Boosted
- Additional mentoring will be provided to individual artists by Toi Ōtautahi Christchurch Arts, Christchurch City Council.
- Each project will be given a platform to publicly promote their project at the Boost Ōtautahi launch event
- A way to connect with and expand your giving community this June
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST ARE CLOSING SOON!
The deadline for organisations is Wednesday 26 April 2023. And we have extended the deadline for individuals to 2 May 2023.
BUT don’t sleep on getting in touch. Reach out sooner rather than later to secure your spot.
The expression of interest is an easy process. Just touch base with us. Send us a quick email at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in Boost Ōtautahi to arrange for a phone chat with one of our team about your project.
Funds will be allocated by 3 May 2023 and project owners will be asked to attend a workshop on 9 or 10 May 2023 (TBC), to ensure readiness to launch a Boosted campaign on 1 June 2023.
If you are an individual creative, artist, collective or organisation in Ōtautahi Christchurch with a creative project, get in touch today at email@example.com!
HOW DOES THE MATCH FUNDING WORK?
- The match funds from Boost Ōtautahi will be loaded into each Boosted campaign as a match donor in advance of the project going live. When the project is live on Boosted, the match fund will match donations from the crowd dollar-for-dollar, up until the match fund as been used up. For more on how match funds work, read this.
- It’s all-or-nothing. Projects must reach their target to get their funds on Boosted. With a match donor, Boosted has a 95% success rate, so we back all the projects to get funded.
- Each project is supported with the Boosted mentorship, and will participate in the Boost Ōtautahi launch event on Thursday 8 June.
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT BOOSTED.
Boosted is Aotearoa New Zealand’s only crowdfunding platform dedicated to the arts and creativity. We give creatives the platform, tools, and mentoring to confidently connect with and grow a giving community and we give everyday people a chance to be inspired by and support creatives and their mahi.
We offer one of the highest success rates for crowdfunding platforms in the world, which means creatives who crowdfund on Boosted have a higher chance of meeting their funding goals.
A trusted platform, with over 100,000 donations being made on the site since 2013 to fund over 1500 projects, Boosted has raised over $11 million for NZ artists and creatives.
Boosted is backed by the Arts Foundation Te Tumu Toi, a collective of artists, donors, and New Zealanders who believe creativity matters and dedicated to celebrating creativity and advocating for a future in which the arts thrive in Aotearoa New Zealand.
THE CAMPAIGN TIMELINE
- 26 April: Expressions of interest close for organisations
- 2 May: Expressions of interest close for individuals
- 1-3 May: All funds allocated and project owners notified
- 9/10 May TBC: Crowdfunding Workshop | Boosted mentorship for all Boost Ōtautahi crowdfunding campaigns, this is where we work with you to get you ready for crowdfunding
- 1 June – 30 June: Boost Ōtautahi campaign goes live with all crowdfunding projects open for donations on Boosted
- 8 June: The big Boost Ōtautahi launch event at Chirstchurch Art Gallery. Mark your cals!